André Godinho is a Machine Learning Engineer at DareData Engineering. At DareData, he provides Data & ML consulting services so that businesses can perform better. André is also the Reading Group Lead for the MLOps Community.
Prior to this, André has worked with Cleverly (recently acquired by Zendesk) for his MSc Thesis in leveraging the current SOTA of NLP & Deep Learning to automate customer support interactions, and in Data Science Summer Interships at Vodafone and Celfinet.
He obtained a BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a MSc in Data Science Engineering from the Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon University. Furthermore, André also studied in the University of Bologna, Italy during Erasmus.
When he is not working in ML gigs you can find him in stand-up comedy shows, or doing Calisthenics at the nearby gym.
What do you work on?
- Lead the bi-weekly Reading Group Sessions
What should people reach out to you about?
- Interesting MLOps papers, blog articles, books to discuss in the reading groups
- Discuss MLOps, Data Science, Data Engineering, Deep Learning, and Software Engineering
What are your goals in joining the MLOps Community?
- Help this community grow. I believe in the growing need of Machine Learning Operations, and how important it is for us to collaborate together to democratize ML worldwide
- Learn more about MLOps (best practices, solutions, and tools)
- Help me to follow the path of achieving one of my biggest career goals and main motivators: to work in the US as a Machine Learning Engineer some day
- Network with ML practitioners to share and discuss technical ideas